The N-3B is the first jacket that Alpha Industries produced for the U.S. military. Just two months after the company was founded in 1959, the N-3B and the Navy shipboard shirt entered production. The N-3B was created to protect air force ground and crew members from the extreme cold weather climates. First offered in midnight blue, the parka was later changed to a sage green and re-designed when it was adopted by all military services.
The N-3B Down Parka Jacquard is a down-filled version of Alpha's N-3B that reverses into a soft nylon, channel-quilted silhouette.
- Reversible (Double zipper pulls, can be reversed)
- Water Proof (Seam-sealed outer shell)
- Seam-sealed, poly jacquard shell
- Channel-quilted lining
- Snorkel hood
- Removable MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Two exterior handwarmer pockets
- Two exterior flap pockets with side entry
- Two interior welt pockets
- Two interior zipper pockets
This jacket is recommended for Extreme Cold weather and offers a standard fit with a thigh length.
Shell: 100% Poly Jacquard, Lining: 100% Soft Nylon, Fill: 75/25 Down. Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors. Do not bleach. Hang to dry. Do not iron. Do not dryclean. Imported. By Alpha Industries.